Information last edited: 26th August 2023
How I treat the information I gather
This policy applies to information collected on this website.
I act as the data processor and controller and may collect personal information in line with the regulations set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
I only collect information about you that:
- Helps me make the site work better for you
- Lets me contact you if I need to
- Shows me how you are using the site, so I can keep improving it
- Helps me understand why you support my work, so I can better meet your needs and find more people like you
Parts of the site may ask you for more information so that you can use services or complete transactions. You’ll always be told when this information is being collected. In many cases you’ll be asked to enter it – for example, an email address for correspondence. This information will only be used for the purposes stated.
The information I collect
I collect the following information from people visiting the website:
- Questions, queries and feedback you leave, including your email address if you send me an email
- Information on how people use the site, using cookies and page tagging, to help us improve the website and its services
- If you send me feedback, your message will be kept
- If you sign up to my email list/s, your email address will be securely kept
What are cookies?
Like most websites, my site uses small data files stored on your computer called cookies.
How I store your personal data
All information you provide to me is stored securely. Payment transactions are encrypted.
The transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. I will do my best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to my site; any transmission is at your own risk. I use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How I use your information
Any information I collect is used to:
- Improve the content and design of the website
- Let you use interactive features, when you choose to do so
- Ccontact you, with your permission
I never share your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and I don’t pass on your personal information to any other website.
Disclosure of your information
I may disclose your personal information:
- If I am under a duty to disclose or share visitors’ personal data to comply with a legal obligation
- For law enforcement purposes
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to:
- Ask me not to process your personal data
- See information I hold about you
- Ask for inaccurate personal data to be corrected
When I am satisfied of your identity I will send you a copy of your personal information that I am legally required to disclose. I may ask you to pay a fee.
Please contact me at the same address if you believe that information I hold about you is inaccurate and want it to be corrected.
Links to and from my website
When you come to my website from another website, I may get personal information about you from the other website. Read those websites’ privacy policies if you want to know about this.